#FavoritesFriday #1: Encouragment, Motivation, and Sponsorship for My NaNoWriMo Goal!



A week from today, I start NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I'll be working on a middle-grade fiction - aimed at adolescents. I started it back in July, but it stalled because it became boring. Now that NaNoWriMo is here, I'm determined to finish the book! The story is about two brothers who travel up the Truckee River in the 1860s, their adventures with pioneers and Native Americans, and their participation in the Pyramid Lake battle where a tribe of Native Americans lost most of their land.

So, here's where I ask you for help. I have 30 days to write 50,000 words. I'd love your emails, 
tweets, facebook posts of encouragement. But, if you'd like to go one step further, you can "sponsor" my writing by helping a friend.

Yes, NaNoWriMo does have its own fundraiser, but to me, it looks like selling girl scout cookies - the person who raises the most money wins a prize. The only prize I want to win is the one for meeting my goal. So, instead, I'm asking if you would be willing to sponsor me by helping Jace and his family.

Jace is the 2 year-old son of my friends, Tisha and Jason Poncio. In January 2013, the doctors diagnosed
him with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He's had his ups and downs, and unfortunately, he has spent too much time in the hospital, which is a 45-minute drive from his home. Tisha and Jason have two other daughters who are elementary school-age. They miss their brother terribly and are grateful for those few bright moments when their brother is healthy enough to be home and can share some special moments with them.

Tisha works as a high school teacher, and Jason is a graphic designer. They have both missed several days of work due to Jace's illness.

So, my request is this - if you are able, would you be willing to help Jason and Tisha financially as I write? You can help as little or as much as you are able, but I was thinking maybe $5 per every 5,000 words I write?

You can send your donations to
Jace Poncio Medical Fund
PO Box 6
Celina, Tx 75009

If you would like to send your donation via paypal, let me know, and I can get you that information.

Thank you! And, let the writing begin!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: