2 Days till NaNoWriMo!

I'm starting the NaNoWriMo challenge in two days, and this time, I'm determined to meet the challenge of writing 50,000 words in 30 days. That's equivalent to about 1,700 words per day.

For those of you unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, it is the abbreviation for National Novel Writing Month, and it's an event that started in 1999 with only 21 participants. Last year, there were over 36,000 participants!

I have two primary goals and one secondary goal with NaNoWriMo in November:
1) Write 50,000 words, the "Wri" part of the challenge!
2) Write about the brain and learning in a way that everyone can understand. My blog readers have told me that my blogs have been too scientific in this area, but neuroscience and learning are my passions. I want to prove to myself and to others that I can talk about this passion in a way that doesn't lose my readers!

If I am able to accomplish the first two goals, I'll look at ways that I can turn what I have written into a book, the "No" part of the challenge!

For each blog, I'll provide the number and percentage of words toward the 50,000 word challenge, and I'll also ask readers whether I've met the goal of keeping my reader's interest.

Thank you to all my readers who will be joining me in next month's journey!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: