My 2011 Laughter (#Reverb11)

Today's #Reverb11 blog prompt asks me to remember the funniest moment of 2011. I can't think of any specific moment, but I can tell you with whom I've spent my funniest moments.

Phil
My husband has almost always been at my side during the silliest moments of this year. Whether it be through people watching, sign reading, or spending time with my husband's daughter, I have laughed or giggled.

Southcenter Mall & Purple High School Students
I remember one of our window shopping trips to Southcenter Mall, located near the Seatac Airport. Phil's daughter was pushing my wheelchair, and we were people watching. For every couple of people who passed us, we saw a group of high school students dressed in black turtlenecks and purple jumpsuits. I'm sure they were either a singing or dancing group, but we never asked. Instead Emma started singing,

  • Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do I have a perfect puzzle for you Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dee If you are wise, you'll listen to me What do you get when you guzzle down sweets? Eating as much as an elephant eats What are you at getting terribly fat? What do you think will come of that? I don't like the look of it Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-da If you're not greedy, you will go far You will live in happiness too Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
What made it even funnier was that we kept seeing these "purple kids". And when Phil's daughter stopped singing, Phil started:
  • It was a one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater, one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater, one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater - Sure looks strange to me.
Our faces were red from laughing. Phil and his daughter have few inhibitions, and certainly making fools of themselves in public isn't one of them! I was certainly glad for not being able to speak, but being unable to walk made it impossible to run away and not feel embarrassed!

In a trying year, the laughter my husband brought me was one of the brightest moments. I am incredibly grateful for his sense of humor, his candor, and his lack of inhibitions.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: