Musicophilia: Tales of Music & the Brain, Part 4

I've been taking my time reading Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia: Tales of music and the brain (2007). As many of my readers know I am seeking to somehow integrate education and music. I've also discussed neuropsychologist and teacher, Judy Willis' learning strategies developed through her initial understanding of how the brain works. With that in mind, Sacks' book sounded like a necessary read.
Instead of reading from beginning to end, I chose select chapters that most interested me. And, in this final part of a 4-part series, I will be sharing a list of related reading for further research.

Further Related Reading
I've developed this list not only through those referenced in Sacks' book, but also through my own research. They are listed in order by author's name and then by title. Don't be surprised if you see one of these titles in the near future in my "now reading" list!
And, finally, I apologize to my academic colleagues for not putting the list in APA format: I wanted to ensure that everyone can easily read it!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: