Change

"When the fire of commitment sets our mind and soul ablaze, when our hunger and our passion meet to call us on our way, when we live with deep assurance of the flame that burns within, then our promise finds fulfillment and our future can begin."


This morning's service was a burning service, where we wrote down that one thing we wished to rid ourselves of and the one thing we wished to become our passion for the new year. I really showed my ideational side when I wrote about what I wanted to be my passion for the new year: "I want to thoroughly understand what it means to acquiring excellence". Yeah, I love to learn about everything, but heaven forbid you ask me to act upon what I've learned.

I've been thinking more and more about this website's title: When I first purchased the domain, it was intended to be my business: "Acquiring Excellence in Second Language Learning". I spent two afternoons with a couple teaching them Spanish. That's the extent of my business services in the last two years. At the beginning of this year, I thought of taking out the "second language" part thinking it made my business to specific. But still, my business has had no activity as I recently indicated on my IRS forms. Never did I consider that "acquiring excellence" is as much about me bettering myself in a myriad of ways as it is serving others and helping others to realize their potential.

Funny, I was thinking today's blog would be so much longer, but suffice to say, I think this blog or this website in general will be my journey of perfecting myself. Notice, I didn't say it was about becoming perfect. Becoming perfect is a farce, unattainable, and in trying to be perfect, one is always realizing how less than perfect she is. No, my goal is not to become perfect; it is rather to acquire excellence, however that might look. And if in doing so, I might somehow help another, it would truly make me happy. As a side note, I will be offering free financial aid services starting the beginning of next month. Be sure to check out the link on financial aid that will be appearing momentarily. I've decided I will offer free assistance from January through May and then charge for my assistance from June through December. What do you think?

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: