#FavoritesFriday #2: NaNoWriMo is Here and I'm Writing for Jace


NaNoWriMo is here! I had almost forgotten until I started getting Facebook status updates from the group.
Yes, it started at midnight this morning, which for me was just about fourteen hours ago. Unfortunately, I haven't done any writing on my novel just yet. My original goal was to pick up on a story I started earlier this year, but after some thinking, I've decided I'm going to use the story idea with a lot of tweaks! So, today, has been about research, and hopefully, tonight will be about writing.

Wikimedia.org
To give you a taste, let me tell you a bit about my story. (Some of you already know the concept!) My novel tells the story of two young boys who float up the Truckee River from Lake Tahoe to Pyramid Lake in the late 1850s. I've decided to eliminate the backstory of how the family arrived in Lake Tahoe and instead pick up the story when they arrive. That will eliminate half of what I've already written. I've also decided that instead of the boys becoming lost, they are accomplishing a mission. One of my fellow writers on the NaNoWriMo website suggested I make the trip a tribute to the boys' father who dies shortly after the family arrives in Lake Tahoe. I'm thinking that out. It could work; although, my boys are still very young - so it would take a lot of convincing for the mom to let them go just because it was something their dad would have done.

Anyway, I'll update with my wordcount tomorrow. For now, I want to remind my readers that I'm writing
this month for Jace Poncio. As I wrote in last Friday's blog, Jace is the 2 year-old son of my dear friends Tisha and Jason. The doctors diagnosed Jace with Leukemia in January of this year, and he has been in and out of the hospital for the last ten months. As a way of supporting me, I'm asking that you donate to Jace's medical fund to help his family with the cost of his treatments. You may donate in any way you are able and feel willing. As a suggestion, perhaps you could donate $5 for every 5,000 words I write? You can mail your donation to -
Jace Poncio Medical Fund
PO Box 6
Celina, Tx 75009

If you would like to donate via paypal instead, please contact me by clicking the link at the right.

Thank you! And, now, back to writing!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: