My 2011 Music (#Reverb11)

Today isn't really the 9th of December, but this topic was scheduled for the 9th, so I'll keep it in line with the #Reverb11 schedule.
The topic dujour is my favorite song or album of 2011, but for anyone who knows me, I can't just choose one song. I love all genres and am a fan of so many artists, so I went through my library, listening to any song or album that was released from October 2010 and forward: it seemed only fair as I wouldn't be able to consider any albums released after December 9th. So, here we go with my aptly named "Deb Awards", with links to the sites where my readers may purchase the album.

Photobucket

The Deb Award for the Best Christmas song:
Peace on Earth, feat. Jordan Knight by Joey McIntyre

The Deb Award for the Best R&B song:
Slowly by Boyz II Men

The Deb Award for the Best Mixtape Hip Hop Song by a Major Label Artist:
Respect, feat. Garden State by Naughty by Nature.
This is stretching it just a little bit because the mixtape was released in 2010, but I didn't download it till this year. The funny thing is Naughty by Nature just released their new album, Anthem, this year, but I won't be able to purchase it till next year.

The Deb Award for the Best Pop Song by a Female Artist:
Born this Way by Lady GaGa

The Deb Award for the Best Inspirational Song:
I Smile by Kirk Franklin

The Deb Award for the Best Country Song:
Remind Me, feat. Carrie Underwood by Brad Paisley

The Deb Award for the Best Hip Hop Song by a Puget Sound Group:
Air It Out by J-Pros

The Deb Award for the Best Jazz Song
Take It All by Adele

The Deb Award for the Best Rock Song
Waiting for the End by Linkin Park

The Deb Award for the Best Hip Hop Song by the Owner of a Puget Sound Indie Music Label:
Still Invincible by Greg Double G

The Deb Award for the Best Song Using a Blend of Genres:
Amy Winehouse, I Miss You by L*A*W

The Deb Award for the Best Song Released by a BlueShoes Media Represented Group:
Leave the DJ Alone by Steelo

The Deb Award for the Best Song by a Major Label Artist that Has a Beat and You Can Dance to It:
We Found Love, feat. Calvin Harris by Rhianna

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: