Some minor ramblings

While I have been super busy working on the preamble to my dissertation study, I was briefly reminded tonight that it has now been two years since I was employed full time.

It's crazy to think about! Granted, I've faced numerous emotional and health issues in the last two years that have prevented me at times from pursuing full time employment, I would have never imagined in 2008 that I would be writing and saying that my unemployment will be running out in two weeks.

My last neurologist appointment was last week, and my doctor is encouraged by my improved mobility. I've been using a cane since the end of July, and while I did have seizures in September, I have been seizure free throughout October. He gave me the green light to be actively pursuing full time work; though, I am a bit bothered that he isn't more concerned about my speech and my frequent head aches. There are many times when my speech becomes slurred, I'll forget words, or I'll jumble words together. More recently I started stuttering when times become increasingly stressful. I'm finding more and more typos when I type, and that is incredibly frustrating as I hate having to return and read what I type! LOL These are all new experiences to me since January -- but the doctor wants to focus on my mobility and my seizures. So, that's what we're doing. I'm to continue using the cane until further notice as I have fallen a few times and I experience light-headedness and wobbliness when I walk. I am encouraged that he doesn't see any need to change my medication dosage. So, I'm just going to continue to watch my speech. I'm keeping my log as he has suggested, and I should have another MRI when I see the doctor next in February.

In this coming week, I'm expecting the official approval from the department of educational psychology of my proposal and the approval from the school district with which I intend to do my study. I am finishing chapters 2 and 3 of my dissertation which are scheduled to be completed before the end of this quarter. I have put aside a lot of the work I've been doing with examiner, but there is some behind the scenes entertainment business I've involved myself in that I will continue to work on through the end of the year.

Oh, and I celebrated another birthday. Nothing too spectacular, but I received so many birthday greetings from friends, family, and colleagues which made the day special!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: