It's been a while

I apologize for not posting in such a long time. I did pass my comprehensive exams on the first try, but I had a series of health and other setbacks which prevented me from getting very far on my dissertation.

At the present, I have no dissertation idea. I haven't heard from Shelly since early November, and due to some circumstances beyond my control, I have reason to believe she will no longer be assisting me with my dissertation. In addition, the WASL will no longer be offered in Washington thanks to the election of a new superintendent of schools who was elected last November. So, my wonderful idea of looking at learning strategy awareness and standardized testing seems to have been blown out of the water.

I am currently looking at Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's theory of Flow and the Goal Achievement Theory as possibilities to guide me toward a new dissertation topic.

Wish me luck!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: